Technology Marketing FAQs
How to develop an effective tech brand positioning
When you started your tech business, you tested numerous markets and business strategies until you found the ones that worked best for you. I listed a few things you should consider if you want to maintain continuous growth.
You should consider reviewing your name if:
● Stakeholders consistently make the wrong assumption about what your company does and you end up having to explain it.
● It doesn’t align with your new business activities. If your business expands to offer additional services or products, you should consider changing your name so your stakeholders don’t remain knowing your brand for one element of your business
● You want to do business internationally but your brand name translates negatively
● You have merged with another company and their brand name has more value and credibility than yours
● Creating a new brand name is not as easy as it seems. It is a long process where you have to find the brand name that attracts and aligns with your market and your identity. Ideally, your brand name should be easy to spell and easy to pronounce. Simplicity is a must-have especially nowadays where simple names are most of the time not available. A brand made of 2 to 3 syllables is ideal.
Every business should refresh and change its logo every 5-10 years to remain accurate in the market in they operate. If your brand logo looks outdated, it implies your brand hasn’t evolved to remain competitive. Therefore you are not perceived as a key leader. Most businesses started with limited capital, and little to no money was spent on the logo design. Now that your business has grown and your brand value is more established, it needs to reflect your brand vision. It reflects where your business is headed not where you are at the present. Therefore, you will need to update your logo to project the optimal brand credibility to attract more business.
Every colour has different meanings. Keep also in mind that some colours can be perceived differently in different cultures. If you are planning to expand your business internationally, worth conducting some “translate communication” research with an agency. Remember, choosing the right tone, shade and colour combination is extremely important. That’s where most businesses get it wrong. Your brand colours should be appealing and align with your target audience.
Your website is the front window of your entire company. First impression matters as you get no second chance. If your website bounce rate is above 25%, this means you are projecting the brand attraction your prospects are looking for.
Your business idea is not viable
You aren’t looking to grow and the passion is gone
You are dreamentrepreneur
You think expense instead of investment
We think long term, not short term
Your tech brand is off the ground and now you are faced with a decision to take your business to the next level. Does your tech business need a rebrand or a brand adaptation? It is important to understand where your business is to draw a distinction between rebrand and brand adaptations.
Have you heard about our brand marketing and branding agency? Click here for more information about 3 Colours Rule.
Check vidsight section with educational and insightful videos to take your brand to the next level.