Global Tech Advocates
Black Women in Tech
+311% in 2nd year
+20k Social media followers
- Sector: DE&I, Tech
- Location: UK
- Reach: Internatonal
GTA Black Women in Tech is a non-profit organisation that was founded in 2019 with a mission to inspire, support, and connect women of colour in the tech industry. The organisation was created to address the lack of diversity and inclusion in the tech sector and to promote the advancement of black women in this field. Through their work, GTA Black Women in Tech is helping to create a more equitable and inclusive future for the tech industry.
The organisation was created to address the lack of diversity and inclusion in the tech sector, to promote the advancement of black women in this field and enable more opportunities and support tech companies with their diversity agenda.
The success of GTA Black Women in Tech has been built on a variety of strategies that have helped to attract, engage, and grow their audience. To begin with, from extensive background research, we constructed GTA’s brand identity. This included GTA’s framework, brand guidelines, logo, and master presentation. Every component of our work reflected GTA’s values of professionalism, empowerment and diversity.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION AT THE CENTRE
We led their growth through creative initiatives which catapulted their growth year after year:
- The production, design and distribution of The Voices In The Shadow book series also attracted FTSE100 Tech companies as sponsors
- The creation of artwork to address societal issues with a positive and inclusive perspective
- Global trips to connect tech companies and our communities and discover tech initiatives around the world
COMMUNITY GROWTH STRATEGY
We then began focusing on community-building and creating a supportive environment that attracted individuals interested in their mission. We also utilised digital campaigns and social media activities to raise brand awareness and expand their reach.
Hosting monthly events with top industry speakers and developing partnerships with other organisations helped to further grow the GTA audience and amplify their impact.
Through these strategies and initiatives, GTA Black Women in Tech has become a powerful advocate for diversity and inclusion in the tech industry.
GTA Black Women in Tech has worked with established companies such as Tiktok, Barclays, Deutsche Bank, Deloitte, The Department of Education and many more.
GTA Black Women in Tech has so far:
- 311% in 2nd year and continues to scale across Europe with the opening of a chapter in Ireland and France
- 52% of Tech client growth who have also successfully improved their diversity hiring through access to talent in our community
- 4.2k Active members across the world
- 5.4k Event attendees
- 14.3k LinkedIn followers
- 3.6k Twitter followers
- Diversity & Employer branding